NRG Dance & Cheer Present…
GOLDEN STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
February 3, 2018
Monrovia High School
Location: 845 W. Colorado Blvd., Monrovia, CA 91016
Date & Time: February 3, 2018 – Events Starts:
Admissions: General Entry $10 / Children 5 yrs and under FREE
Get your teams NRGized for the competition season ahead at this event! Elementary, Junior, Youth, High School and College teams of Dance/Drill/Hip Hop/Cheer/Song/Pep Flag!
No prequalifying requirements. This is an all trophy event with many extra and special awards, plaques, spirit sticks, Platinum awards for highest scoring teams, and a Grand Champion! Miss and Mr. Golden State Champion Title for highest scoring dance, cheer, or song solos. Professional judges in both dance and cheer give digital critiques for your team to “take it to the top!”
Rules & Regulations
- All Participating Directors are required to accompany their team to the event. If the director is unable to attend the event, a district employee should be there in their place. The Team should not be allowed to perform until the director or other appointed district employee is in attendance.
- All participants must have their own accident/medical insurance. The team director should have a copy of all members emergency forms with them at all times.
- ONLY RUBBER SOLED SHOES MAY BE WORN ON THE GYM FLOOR. All footwear must cover the toes and bottom of foot to provide protection, and be non-marking.
- Only props permitted are poms, signs, flags, and megaphones.
- Participants should walk onto the floor and immediately go to their starting position.
- A coach or representative will be needed while your team is performing
- No combustibles (no fire, gasoline engines, etc.)
- Entry Fees must be paid in full before the Line-up and Final Instructions will be sent.
- There is a penalty of $100.00 for late entries.
- No refunds will be allowed after the deadline.
- NRG reserves the right to add, delete, combine and/or split divisions in the spirit of competition.
- Maximum age limit is very important. A younger student is permitted to perform with an older group, however, an older student must not compete on a team with younger students. The age of the oldest student will determine in which division the team will compete.
All penalties are at the discretion of NRG Directors.
All disqualifications should be communicated and explained to the team’s director prior to the awards ceremony.
The following are the Penalties:
- Safety Guideline Violation – 3.0 penalty per infraction
- Dropping of Accessory, Equipment or Prop – 0.5 point per occurrence
- Ties will be broken by the higher score for execution, then if needed showmanship, then routine.
- Judges comments will be on a USB Flash Drive and Recaps and Scoresheets will be available to advisors ONLY following each awards ceremony.
- NRG is not required to mail trophies or scoresheets.
NRG reserves the right to change, update or delete any of the information above. If you have any questions please contact us.